Burn injuries are painful and can leave long-lasting physical and psychological scars.
Whether it is a chemical burn from an unsafe product, a burn caused by a hazard on the poorly kept property, or an accidental burn at a bonfire or gathering, you may need an experienced burn injury lawyer to make sure you are compensated for your medical costs and suffering.
If you or a loved one have suffered serious burns as a result of negligence, contact us to speak with one of our experienced burn injury lawyers or call us at (866) 970-0977.
Common Types of Burn Injuries in Florida
There are four main types of burns:
- Thermal burns– caused by contact with fire, steam, hot liquids, or other sources of extreme heat
- Light burns– caused by sunlight or ultraviolet light
- Chemical burns– caused by an acid, alkali, or chemical explosion
- Radiation burns– caused by contact with nuclear radiation
There are three categories of burn severity:
- First-degree burns– only the top layer of the skin is damaged. First-degree burns are characterized by redness and minor inflammation. These burns cause minimal damage and usually heal within a week. They can often be treated with aloe vera gel and cool water, not ice!
- Second-degree burns – damage goes beyond the top layer of skin. Second-degree burns are characterized by extremely red, blistered skin. These burns may take weeks to heal and should be properly bandaged.
- Third-degree burns – The worst type of burn, the damage extends through all layers of skin and can affect organs and bones. A white or black dry wound and charring characterize third-degree burns. Third-degree burns can cause permanent nerve damage, hypothermia, and even death, so seek emergency medical treatment immediately.
Compensation for Your Burn Injuries
Burns is one of the most expensive and traumatic injuries to treat. Even a simple first-degree burn can become infected and require medical treatment.
Third-degree burns can take years of treatment to heal and usually have a significant impact on the victim’s quality of life and ability to work.
Extensive burns can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars for treatment, repeat admission, and rehabilitation.
If you have been the victim of a burn injury due to someone else’s negligence or carelessness, you will need an experienced personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
The burn injury lawyers at Johns Law Group will fight to recover the damages you are owed for your burn-related trauma.
We work on a contingency-fee-basis, so we do not collect a fee unless we win for you.
Our attorneys work as a team, so you will benefit from having several lawyers working on your case.