When insurance companies don’t honor the coverage outlined in their policies, the financial and emotional strain on policyholders can be significant.
Navigating the complicated maze of insurance claims and legal jargon can be overwhelming, particularly when insurance companies don’t act in good faith.
Legal assistance from a Florida bad-faith insurance lawyer becomes invaluable in these situations.
At Johns Law Group, PLLC, we fight to ensure insurance companies uphold their commitments.
We offer legal guidance to you as a policyholder battling insurance companies for benefits you paid for.
Hiring a dedicated Florida insurance bad-faith lawyer ensures you are not alone in these battles.
We are well-versed in the intricacies of Florida insurance laws and skilled in holding insurance providers accountable.
What Is Insurance Bad Faith?
Bad faith, particularly in the context of insurance, refers to the unfair conduct of an insurance company towards its policyholder. It goes beyond a simple disagreement of value or misunderstanding. Bad faith signifies a breach of the implicit duty of good faith and fair dealing that every insurer owes to their policyholders. This duty is fundamental; it ensures that insurance companies do not prioritize their financial interests over the contractual rights and interests of those they insure. In Florida, policyholders have legal recourse when faced with such deceptive practices.
Examples of Insurance Bad-Faith Tactics
Insurance companies, while obligated to act in the best interest of policyholders, can sometimes employ deceptive tactics to reduce or deny claims. Awareness of these tactics can empower you as a policyholder during bad-faith litigation.
- Unwarranted denial of a claim. Some insurers deny claims without a valid reason, hoping the policyholder won’t pursue it further.
- Delaying claim processing. Using stalling tactics like repeatedly asking for unnecessary documents to delay processing the claim.
- Lowball offers. Offering significantly less money than the claim is worth, hoping for a quick, under-compensated resolution.
- Misrepresenting policy language. Sometimes, insurers twist or ignore the insurance policy’s language to avoid covering valid expenses.
- Failure to investigate. Not carrying out a comprehensive investigation or disregarding evidence that supports the claim.
- Unreasonable interpretation. Using an unreasonable interpretation of the policy or the circumstances surrounding the claim to avoid payment.
- Threats or intimidation. Attempting to intimidate policyholders into accepting a lower settlement or dropping a claim.
Determining bad faith involves recognizing specific signs from your insurer.
Experiencing one or more of these actions from an insurance company suggests they might be acting in bad faith.
Your Florida bad-faith insurance lawyer can clarify and recommend the best course of legal action.
Our Featured Case Results
How to Prove a Bad Faith Insurance Claim
Proving bad faith demands evidence that showcases the insurer’s unjust actions. Let’s look at the steps needed to substantiate a claim.
- Document everything. Maintain a thorough record of all communications, including emails, letters, and phone call logs with dates and summaries.
- Review the policy. Ensure your claim is within the policy’s terms and hasn’t been misrepresented by the insurer.
- Get independent estimates. Obtain an independent assessment to establish the value of your claim and compare that to the insurer’s offer.
- Demand claim denial reasons. Demand a clear, written explanation for any claim denial or delay.
- Seek expert opinions. Engage experts, if necessary, to challenge the insurer’s findings.
- Get a legal consultation. Engage a Florida insurance bad-faith lawyer to assess the evidence, build a strong case, and navigate legal intricacies.
Policyholders can strengthen a bad-faith claim by diligently gathering evidence and demonstrating the insurance company’s unfair practices.
Why Do You Need a Florida Bad Faith Lawyer?
Florida’s insurance landscape is complicated. When insurers unfairly deny insurance claims, ramifications extend beyond monetary losses. They’re emotionally and mentally taxing.
That’s the main reason to hire a Florida bad-faith insurance attorney rather than continue battling the insurance company alone. Beyond just understanding policy language, we are adept at discerning the motives behind insurance company decisions.
We’re well-versed in Florida’s insurance laws and can identify when insurers overstep their bounds. We’ll also lead negotiations and maximize potential settlements.
Types of Florida Bad-Faith Claims We Handle
At Johns Law Group, PLLC, we handle many types of bad faith claims. We’re dedicated to ensuring our clients obtain the rightful compensation they deserve. Some of the most common types of bad-faith claims we handle involve the following coverages and disputes.
- Homeowners and commercial property damage claims. We tackle simple and intricate property damage claims, whether due to natural disasters like hurricanes, vandalism, or system failures like burst pipes.
- Contents coverage and loss of use. We work diligently to address compensation disparities, particularly when most personal property damages remain unpaid.
- Denied claims and investigations. Suspicions, examinations under oath, or denied homeowner and commercial property claims, especially of substantial amounts, are our forte.
- Appraisal disputes. We handle numerous property damage dispute resolutions, helping our clients receive the true value of what they lost.
- Business interruptions. We understand the complexities of securing compensation for disrupted businesses and address all related nuances, ensuring businesses bounce back swiftly.
- Life insurance disputes. Whether contesting interpleaders or addressing denied claims due to policy application discrepancies, we’ll protect your rights.
- Commercial insurance challenges. Be it commercial liability coverage, errors, omissions, cybersecurity risks, or worker’s compensation; we address a gamut of commercial insurance disputes.
- Specialized insurance disputes. From director and officer insurance to disability insurance and uninsured motorist claims, we’ve got it all covered.
Bad faith claims are at the core of what we do. Our representation extends to policyholders facing wrongful denials, delays, underpayments, or any other violation of insurance codes.
How We Differ from Other Bad-Faith Attorneys
At Johns Law Group, PLLC, our approach to bad-faith insurance claims is distinguished by an unwavering commitment to our clients. While many law firms might handle a broad spectrum of cases, our focus is razor-sharp—we challenge insurance companies that act unjustly. We pride ourselves on our client-centric approach. Instead of merely providing legal services, we strive to educate our clients, ensuring you understand what’s happening at every phase of your claim.
Our team is composed of seasoned attorneys who have spent years navigating Florida’s confusing insurance environment. We understand the intricacies of insurance contracts and are familiar with insurance company tactics used to evade rightful claims.
By choosing Johns Law Group, PLLC, you are not just hiring a lawyer but gaining a trusted partner in your fight for justice. Please contact our office today to schedule an initial consultation and learn more about how we can help you resolve your bad faith claim in Florida.